As a small team, we are always excited to welcome those with skills and time to share in our Petersham office. Enquire by email [email protected] or call 02 9560 5333.
Values-driven Treasurer with Business/Social Entrepreneurship Background
Bring your business/accounting skills and experience to the Board of Palms Australia as our (Voluntary) Treasurer. Your financial acumen, business links and insight will be invaluable as we:
- Grow our current service
- Develop alternative sources of income
- Attract more corporate support
The Board meets one evening per quarter. We are also conducting our 3-year Strategic Review on Sunday 21 April. Joining now would be the ideal opportunity to provide insights and input into the future direction of the organisation.
Microsoft Database Specialist
This role offers the opportunity to contribute your skills to the important work of streamlining Palms’ capacity to better service our global and domestic mission partners, and enjoy a ‘behind the scenes’ relationship with our Palms staff team. Ideally you would be available to work out of our office in Sydney (eg once a week or month) but there may also be opportunity to also work remotely after initial meetings, if you would prefer.
Your expertise will be crucial in optimising data management processes, creating efficient queries and reports, and ensuring the integrity and security of our database system. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a proven track record of success in database development and administration.
The Event Coordinator will assist with the planning and organisation of our fundraising, solidarity building, training and ethical tour operations. Hours are FLEXIBLE, between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. You may also be able to complete some work from home, if this suits you. More information can be found here.
Other ways to get involved in Australia
- Make a donation or purchase an e-card from Palms Gift Shop.
- Connect your Australian community with an overseas community.
- Form a corporate partnership in support of one of our current projects.
- Have a say in shaping our development program by becoming a member.
- Represent Palms in your community – Have a community event coming up? Paint the town purple by hosting a stall or sharing Palms’ projects in flyers and posters. We can support you in preparing for the event and make sure you have the materials you need. Contact us at [email protected]
- Participate in an event – We love meeting our supporters in person and attending an event is a fantastic way to meet people like you who are committed to creating a world without poverty.
- Follow us – Share Palms’ message on Facebook, Instagram, and Linked In so you never miss what’s happening
Your support enables Palms to reach more people every day.